Sigismund Tower was constructed in the 15th century, elevated in the 16th and capped with a copper dome in 1899. This is one of the most famous belfries in Poland. Inside are four small bells named Urban (1364), Cardinal (1455), Stanislaw (1463) and Wacław (1460). The fifth is the Royal Sigismund Bell. This enormous bronze bell forged in 1520 is over 15 feet tall, eight feet wide and weighs more than 14 tons. A dozen men are required to make the Dzwon Zygmunta toll. In the foreground is the Tadeusz Kościuszko Monument. During the American Revolution, this Polish engineer helped build fortifications against the British in Philadelphia, West Point and for the Battle of Saratoga. At the end of the 18th century, he was a revolutionary leader in Poland against Russia and Prussia. The equestrian statue was created by Leonard Marconi in 1900. After the original was destroyed by the Nazis during WWII, this replica was erected in 1960.