The outer chapel at the Seminary of Québec was built in 1752, destroyed by fire in 1888 and reconstructed in 1890. For a period of time, some of the remains of Saint François de Laval – the seminary’s founder – were interred here before being moved to the cathedral in 1992. The following year, the chapel was unsanctified and renamed the François-Ranvoyzé Building. It is now part of Musée de l’Amérique francophone (Museum of French America) operated by Musée de la civilization. La chapelle du Musée is available for special events rentals.