These sculptures by Phyllis Archibald grace the ground floor of a former bank. They are two of four allegories symbolizing prudence, commerce, adventure and security. In the center is a caduceus, the Hermes staff from Greek mythology, representing commerce and negotiation. They are located on St Enoch Square, named in honor of the mother of St Mungo, the patron saint of Glasgow. This plaza was formerly anchored by St Enoch Church, a subway and railway station and the St Enoch Hotel. When the later was built in 1876, it was the grandest in the city. Now all of these landmarks are gone except a few elegant touches like this one.