When Giambattista Pamphilj became Pope Innocent X in 1644, he commissioned an incredible mansion named Palazzo Pamphilj be built on Piazza Navona. Of course, such a powerful family needed their own attached chapel. He also wanted an impressive mausoleum. These reasons were the impetus for building Sant’Agnese in Agone beginning in 1651. It was consecrated in 1672. The Baroque façade features twin bell towers. They flank the central dome and cupola. The first level is accented with columns and pilasters with Corinthian capitals.