This was the Salt Lake City Hall from 1866 until 1894. The red façade is sandstone from Utah’s Red Butte Canyon. Construction credit belongs to William H. Folsom. He was a prolific designer/contractor in Salt Lake City during the second half of the 19th century. Folsom was also the church architect for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Council Hall was relocated from downtown to Capitol Hill in 1961. The U.S. National Historic Landmark now houses the Utah Office of Tourism.