This Italianate-style, Salem Congregational Chapel was built on Pool Lane in 1862. It was commissioned by the Church of England and based on a design by Reverend Thomas. The flanking turrets were added in 1891 during an extension project managed by architect Owen Morris Roberts. This was about the same time a commemorative stone was laid honoring Dr. Herber Evan’s 25th anniversary of serving the church. During the late 19th century, Salem Chapel hosted the largest Sunday school program in Gwyneed.