Across the street from Trevi Fountain is Saints Vincent and Anastasius at Trevi. The former Catholic church was commissioned by Cardinal Mazarin in the mid-17th century. While he was the First Minister of France and regent over the young King Louis XIV (1642 until 1661), he brokered peace across several European countries while expanding France’s power. The cardinal’s coat of arms is supported by two angels below the cherubs with trumpets near the top of the travertine façade. Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio was once the pontifical parish. From 1583 until 1903, the hearts of 22 popes were interred inside. Since 2002, it has been a Bulgarian Orthodox Church.