The proper name for this Roman Catholic church is Sant’Ambrogio e Carlo al Corso. This describes its dedication to Saints Ambrose and Charles Borromeo. They were bishops in Milan, Italy yet lived about 1,200 years part. Ambrose of Milan (339 – 397) is considered a Doctor of the Church for his staunch defense of religious teachings and his repeated admonishments of the Roman emperor for his offenses. Charles Borromeo (1538 – 1584) was canonized in 1610 for his role in defending the Catholic church during the Protestant Reformation.