A church from the early Middle Ages once stood on this site. Archeologists date it from the 6th century. Some of those ruins are visible within Saint Mary’s Collegiate Church. It was built in 1221, making it the second oldest church still standing in Kotor. Also inside is the glass coffin of Osanna of Cattaro, a 16th century woman who converted to Christianity and formed a convent in present day Kotor. She was beatified as a saint in 1934.