Riverside View of Custom House in Dublin, Ireland - Encircle Photos

23 Riverside View of Custom House in Dublin, Ireland

A previous custom house was built in 1707 along Essex Quay. It was replaced in 1791 with this Neoclassical building constructed with Portland stone and designed by James Gandon. The Custom House served as a dock and warehouse for vessels plus conducted custom and excise taxation services. Now it offices the Department of Environment and Community plus other local government functions. The landmark has a commanding view of the River Liffey from its position on the north bank.

VIEW MAP

16 George's Quay, Dublin, Ireland

Directions

Share this Photo