Another of the three train stations is Retiro Belgrano. It was built in 1914 by Córdoba Central Railway. This British-owned company was founded in 1887 and operated until purchased by Argentina in 1938. A decade later, the line became a subset of Belgrano Railway. The nationalized train line was named in honor of Manuel Belgrano. He was a military leader during the Argentine War of Independence and one of the country’s Libertadores.