Queen’s Gate at Caernarfon Castle in Caernarfon, Wales - Encircle Photos

11 Queen’s Gate at Caernarfon Castle in Caernarfon, Wales

This is the eastern entrance to Caernarfon Castle facing Castle Square. The large archway is supported by two polygon-shaped towers. It was called the Banner Tower when it was used to receive cargo from the adjacent harbor. Now it is the Queen’s Gate. Queen Elizabeth visited here in 1955, in 1969 for the investiture of Charles as the Prince of wales, and again in 1975. In 2010, she and Prince Phillip were cheered as they waved from the glass balcony of Queen’s Gate.

VIEW MAP

Caernarfon Castle Castle Ditch, Caernarfon LL55 2AY, UK

Directions

Share this Photo