The Châteauesque façade of Voltigeurs de Québec Armoury is impressive. The drill hall was designed by Eugène-Étienne Taché and opened in 1887. This served as a training facility for a reserve infantry regiment named Les Voltigeurs de Québec. Then a major fire in 2008 destroyed most of the National Historic Site. It took a decade and over $100 million to restore Québec City Armoury. Today, this is a venue for cultural and special events.