Directly across from the Punta Langosta Pier is a 49 foot lighthouse with the same name: El Faro de Punta Langosta. In Spanish, this means Lobster Point. This station along the waterfront was established in 1906. It was deactivated in 2000 when the Punta Ealetita was built. Since then, the old cylindrical concrete light received fresh paint and welcomes arriving cruise ship passengers.