Prince Edward Battery at Victoria Park in Charlottetown, Canada - Encircle Photos

Prince Edward Battery at Victoria Park in Charlottetown, Canada

In 1805, the British created a battery on Governor’s Point in anticipation of defending Charlottetown from growing American hostilities. Fire power on the site continued growing until the War of 1812 was concluded. In 1865, the 9-pounder cannons (background) began facing the harbor. The following year, three 32-pounder smooth bore guns on wooden carriages were added. In 1905, Prince Edward Battery at Victoria Park was abandoned. History buffs will enjoy reading the informative plaques about military historic sites on Prince Edward Island from 1776 through 2005.

VIEW MAP

45 Victoria Park Roadway, Charlottetown, PE C1A 1M6, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo