Fifteen elaborate structures by architect George W. Gouinlock were constructed at Exhibition Place from 1905 through 1912. The five still standing are designated as a National Historic Site of Canada. The oldest is the Press Building. The Beaux Arts façade qualifies as the most handsome architecture at Exhibition Place. From 1905 until 1957, this was the headquarters for CNE, the association responsible for the annual Canadian National Exhibition. After occupying the neighboring Queen Elizabeth Building for more than a half century, the CNEA moved back into the Press Building.