The Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary were founded by Nano Nagle in Cork in 1775. After some sisters of the P.B.V.M. order arrived in Dingle in 1829, they established a convent and school. This is their final resting place beneath a cooper beech tree called the Tree of Life. Notice the blooming white lilies. In Christianity, they represent purity, humility and devotion plus God’s restoration of those who have died. This is a small section of three large gardens surrounding the Díseart Institute and St. Mary’s Church on Green Street.