Police Station at Port Arthur, Australia - Encircle Photos

7 Police Station at Port Arthur, Australia

Located behind The Penitentiary on Champ Street – named after Port Arthur’s commandant from 1844 – 1853 – is the Police Station. This house was not part of the penal colony. During the 19th century, the police headquartered in the Law Courts building which burned down in 1897. In 1936, this home was built for Trooper Roy Langford. It remained an active station for the Tasman Peninsula police force until 1973. For about ten years, it operated as Langford’s Tearooms.

VIEW MAP

6973 Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, TAS 7182, Australia

Directions

Share this Photo