Parliament House in Gibraltar

Watch for this pink façade on Main Street. Local merchants built it in 1817 as the Exchange and Commercial Library. Since 1950, it has been a central government building. First it was the Legislative Council. In 1969, it became the House of Assembly. Finally, it was renamed the Parliament House in 2007. Inside is the chamber where the 17 members of Parliament meet. The Gibraltar Parliament is located in John Mackintosh Square. This large commons was called Plaza Mayor under Spanish rule from 1462 until 1704. Also in this square are Ayuntamiento de Gibraltar (City Hall) and a Tourist information Office.

VIEW MAP

Parliament House, John Mackintosh Square, Gibraltar GX11 1AA, Gibraltar

Directions

Share this Photo