In 1817, merchant József Brudern commissioned architect Mihály Pollack to build an elaborate store with a glass arcade. The building was called Brudern House. The locals nicknamed it the Paris House. When the Belváros Savings Bank rebuilt it as their headquarters in 1913, the lower two levels received a more ornate glass ceiling designed by Miksa Róth. The collection of stores is called Párisi udvar meaning the Parisian Court. Located at the Square of the Franciscans (Ferenciek tere), this is part of the tourist-oriented shopping district along Váci Street.