When the Paramount Theater opened in 1926, it featured silent films accompanied by a huge Wurlitzer organ. During the Big Band era, it hosted many famous performers. The tower at 1501 Broadway also served as the East Coast headquarters for Paramount Pictures. When the theater closed in 1966, the marque was removed and the building was converted into office space. In 2000, the World Wrestling Federation restored the marque. After they moved out in 2003, the Hard Rock Café moved in.