This view of the classic Palazzo Vecchio is seen from a street called Via Vacchereccia. The 308 foot, rectangular tower casts a shifting shadow over Piazza della Signoria, Florence’s central square. The first clock was installed in 1353. It was replaced in 1667 with this Giorgio Lederle Clock. Notice the timepiece only has one hand. The tower is named Torre d’Arnolfo after Arnolfo di Cambio. The 13th century architect also designed Santa Croce and the Duomo.