Visually dominating the western edge of Parque Colón is the white, 95 foot bell tower of Palacio Consistorial. The Town Hall was constructed in 1504 as the mayor’s office and residency. The Baroque design of architect Luís Bogaert morphed over the centuries and was then restored to its near-original appearance in the late 19th century. The tower was added in 1913. Consistorial Palace is now a venue for special events and art exhibitions.