In the southwest corner of Plaza de Mayo is this slender, 318 foot clocktower. Three of the five Westminster clock bells are named in honor of the ships in Columbus’ first voyage (Niña, Pinta, and Santa María). There are an additional 30 bells in the carillon. This is the Palace of Legislature for the City of Buenos Aires. The project opened in 1931 to house the city government. Tours are available to see the spectacular halls, legislative chambers and library.