A tobacco factory was established by Phillip V in 1741. Two of its architectural features – the glazed, ceramic tile roof with an iron knives design and the brick chimney – were preserved when the Neo-Mudéjar building was converted into Palacio de Congresos de Cádiz. The Palace of Congresses has a large auditorium plus several conference rooms and an exhibition hall. The 80,000 square foot facility is located at Plaza de Sevilla. In the foreground is a sculpture of two women making cigars.