The enormity of Murallas de Levante on the left suggests the powerful deterrent these defenses had against attacking the northern edge of La Ciudad (Old Town) during the Middle Ages. In the background is the Padre Jesús quarter developed by the Christians outside of the Arab walls. The brown, Gothic bell tower is the Church of Our Father Jesus. When it was built after Ferdinand II ended the Reconquista era in 1492, the church was devoted to the 2nd century martyr Saint Cecilia, the patroness of musicians. The rest of Iglesia de Nuestro Padre Jesús was constructed during the mid-18th century.