Our Lady of Mercy Basilica in San Nicolás, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Our Lady of Mercy Church of Buenos Aires began in 1603, less than 25 years after Juan de Garay established the colony in 1580. Construction of the Roman Catholic church started in 1721. The Church of La Merced was not finished until 1900. The interior is graced with large etched columns supporting domes and semi-domes colored with purple hues.

VIEW MAP

Calle Reconquista 207, CABA, Argentina

Directions

Share this Photo