Old Vic at University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada

The Wesleyan Methodist Church founded the Upper Canada Academy in 1836. The school evolved into Victoria College five years later and Victoria University in 1884. Old Vic became the main campus building in 1892. The handsome design by architect W. G. Storm is called Richardsonian Romanesque. The design features are similar to the nearby Ontario Legislative Building (1893) and the Old City Hall (1899). Today, Victoria College is an undergraduate program for arts and sciences affiliated with the University of Toronto.

VIEW MAP

73 Queen Park's Crescent #106, Toronto, ON M5S 1K7, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo