Old Town Waterworks deserves a closer look. Prague began harnessing the flow of the Vltava river with wooden waterworks and lead pipes in the 15th century. The first one to serve Old Town was Staroměstská built in 1489. It suffered significant damage 14 times during fires and wars. The current Neo-Renaissance structure – with its Neo-Gothic paneling – and the water tower were built in 1883 based on the design of Antonín Wiehl. Staroměstská vodárna stopped supplying water to Old Town (Staré Město) in 1913 when the new Káraný water plant became operational. Old Town Waterworks is now the Bedřich Smetana Museum. Inside are displays celebrating Bedřich Smetana. The 19th century composer is often called the father of Czech music.