A version of Munich’s Town Hall has anchored the east corner of Marienplatz since the early 14th century. This was also the site of a 184 foot city gate tower named Talburgtor. They were destroyed twice: once by lightening in 1460 and again during World War II. This reconstruction of Altes Rathaus dates from 1972. In the background is the 1730 clock tower of Heiliggeistkirche. Let’s take a closer look at the Church of the Holy Spirit.