Old South Church in Boston had a bell tower when it was built in 1873. When the tower began to lean in the 1920’s, it was replaced with this 246 foot campanile containing a 2,000 pound bell. Despite the appearance in this photo, the tower is now straight. The copper lantern was inspired by the Basilica of Saint Mark in Venice. This Gothic Revival design by Charles Cummings is a U.S. National Historic Landmark.