After opening in 1865, this building on School Street served as Boston’s City Hall for just over 100 years. The two architects that designed this three story granite façade must have loved columns. It has Doric columns on the lower floor and Corinthian ones above plus matching pilasters that surround the arched windows. Interestingly, this site used to be the Boston Latin School which opened in 1635, making it the country’s first public school. Its alumni included Sam Adams, John Hancock and Benjamin Franklin.