North Pier Lighthouse in Duluth, Minnesota

In 1871, a canal was created at Minnesota Point that is 245 feet wide and leads into a major commercial harbor. This white lighthouse with its black lantern has aided navigation from the northern pier since it became operational in the early 20th century. It is adjacent to Canal Park, a popular tourist attraction near downtown Duluth. In addition to a visitor’s center and museum, the area features several restaurants and shops, many of which are housed in old warehouses.

VIEW MAP

600 S Lake Ave, Duluth, MN 55802

Directions

Share this Photo