The orderly sale of securities began in 1792 when the Buttonwood Agreement was signed in New York City. In 1817, the New York Stock and Exchange Board was established. This home of the “Big Board” opened on 11 Wall Street in 1903. The imposing, Neoclassical design features six fluted columns with Corinthian capitals. They support a pediment with 11 high-relief sculptures. The central figure with outstretched arms is Integrity.