The Methodist community was established by colonists in Hamilton in 1801. When this red brick landmark was opened in 1868, it was on the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Methodist Congregation in North America. So, the name Centenary Methodist Church was chosen. In 2014, the congregation of this Victorian-Romanesque church merged with St. Giles United and became the New Vision United Church. In addition, the property houses the YGen Youth Centre. Increasingly, it has also become a venue for public concerts.