Architect Karl Roth is credited with the Art Nouveau and Baroque design of New Town Hall. Rathaus Dresden opened in 1910. The massive 140,000 square foot floorplan was reconstructed after the war. The 328 foot clock tower (Rathausturm) ties for first place as the tallest structure in Dresden. The observation deck provides great views. On top of the tower is a gilded statue of Hercules, the protector of the city. In front of New Town Hall is Trümmerfrau. This translates to Ruins Woman. The sculpture is a tribute to the women who moved more than a million tons of rubble after the Allied bombings.