Imagine a very large, two-story structure that stood just below this palm tree. This was the location of the Nelson’s Dockyard boat house in English Harbour. The facility was extensively damaged during an 1845 earthquake. In 1871, the roof was torn away by a hurricane. Most of the other 18th to early 20th century British Navy buildings within this national park have been restored to resemble their original appearance.