This view along the North Cloister Walk shows the impressive stone wall of the former nave of St Andrews Cathedral. The original 14th century building was 357 long. On the left is the western façade’s only remaining spire. This side of the church was plagued with disasters. It blew down during construction in 1270. It suffered a major fire in 1378 and portions collapsed in 1409. Each time it was rebuilt until the entire cathedral was savagely attacked in June of 1559.