The Bank of Scotland commissioned Robert Reid and Richard Crichton to design a headquarters on Edinburgh’s man-made hill called The Mound. The Georgian-style structure was finished in 1806. It was significantly expanded by 1879 with a Roman Baroque façade. A statue by John Rhind of the Roman goddess Victoria was placed on top of the new dome. It was a tribute to Queen Victoria. In 2009, the Bank of Scotland became a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group and this is their Scottish Headquarters. Three years prior, the Museum on the Mound opened here. Admission is free to see displays including Scotland’s oldest banknote, a million pounds plus other exhibits on coins and currency.