This handsome, waterfront building along Circular Quay opened in 1952 as the Maritime Services Board Building. When MSB vacated in the late 1980s, it was repurposed as the Museum of Contemporary Art after an extensive renovation. The white, modern wing seen on the right was added in 2012. Since 1991, MCA has specialized in contemporary art by living artists … both the famous and unknowns. The permanent collection includes over 4,000 pieces by Australians but also exhibits works by worldwide artists.