The oldest structure still in use on the Caribbean Island of Antiqua was built in 1747 as the Court House. It is now the Museum of Antigua and Barbuda. On exhibit are artifacts of the Arawak people who were also called Taíno. This ethnic group dates back to 200 BC. The Indigenous people became extinct by the end of the 16th century because of war and disease resulting from European colonization. The museum also features other historic displays.