The only major building standing in the lower Ancient Agora is Stoa of Attalos. The original covered arcade was built with marble in 150 BC. The 380 foot, Hellenistic structure contained over 40 shops. This equivalent of an ancient shopping center was a gift of Attalus II Philadelphus, the king of Pergamon (reign 159 to 138 BC). In 267, the Stoa of Attalos was destroyed during the Sack of Athens by the Heruli. In 1956, the two-story complex was meticulously reconstructed. It now houses the Archaeological Museum of the Athenian Agora. On display are many of the artifacts discovered during excavation of the Ancient Agora. Representative of the collection is this limestone cult statue of Apollo Patroos from the 4th century BC.