The peach-colored Museo Villa Ciani was built in 1843 by the Ciani brothers. In 1912, the city purchased the estate and converted it into a museum of fine arts. It is now used for exhibitions. Surrounding it is a 63,000 square meter public park along the shores of Lago di Lugano. The Parco Civico is filled with green spaces, several species of trees and wonderful flowerbeds bursting with colors and springtime aromas.