About 11 miles north of St Andrews, just across the River Tay, is Scotland’s fourth largest city: Dundee. This exquisite building was the Morgan Hospital when it opened in 1868. During the 19th century, the word “hospital” was often a facility dedicated to the care of orphaned and poor children. The institution’s benefactor was John Morgan. In 1889, it became the Morgan Academy. Today The Morgan provides secondary education for about 900 students who are bound for college.