The centerpiece of Maria-Theresien-Platz is a monument to the namesake of the square: Empress Maria Theresa. She was the only woman from the Habsburg dynasty to rule Austria (reign 1740 to 1780) plus several other countries. She was also the Holy Roman Empress from 1745 to 1765. This 66 foot tribute was sculpted by Caspar von Zumbusch and unveiled in 1888. The four horsemen were her military commanders. Look closely at the bas-relief in the center. The child is Wolfgang Mozart. He performed a concert for the royal family in 1762 at the age of six. Standing behind him is Joseph Haydn, another favorite composer of the empress.