Palacio de Mondragón was a lavish estate built in 1314 for the Moorish ruler Abbel Mallek, also known as King Abomelic. In 1491, Ferdinand II gifted it to Don Alonso de Valenzuela who extensively reshaped it. Over the centuries, it was owned by other elite families, each who made changes. Despite these renovations, the palace is the best preserved example of Moors architecture in Ronda, especially the elaborate gardens and the courtyards with horseshoe arches and tile mosaics. Sections of the building are now a history museum.