The Black Abbey has a magnificent, medieval façade accented with blooming flowers in the courtyard. Some of the early 13th century structure remains. However, most of the current building dates from the 14th century, including the enormous windows beneath the ancient tower. The largest is called the Rosary Window. It is adorned with stained glass created by Mayers of Munich in 1892. Oliver Cromwell destroyed much of this priory in the mid-17th century. After a significant restoration, the Black Abbey reopened in 1816.