Meadow’s Battery in Castries, Saint Lucia - Encircle Photos

56 Meadow’s Battery in Castries, Saint Lucia

Estimates suggest the French and British collectively built more than 50 defenses with the goal of protecting Castries Harbor. This one at the northern entrance is Meadow’s Battery. The military installment was created by the British in 1898. Among the ruins are the remains of a bathhouse, women’s quarters, bunkers, an armory for artillery shells and this two-tier battery platform overlooking the Caribbean Sea.

VIEW MAP

Meadow's Battery, Clarke Ave, Castries, St. Lucia

Directions

Share this Photo