Maritime Court at Largo da Candelária in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

In 1934, the Administrative Maritime Tribunal was established to investigate and make judgments about incidences involving foreign vessels in Brazilian waters. The Maritime Court (Tribunal Marítmo) is located in a former warehouse built in 1851. This later became part of the Custom House and then a private residence before being purchased by the Ministry of the Navy in 1921.

VIEW MAP

Tribunal Marítmo, Av. Alfred Agache - Praça XV de Novembro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20040-010, Brazil

Directions

Share this Photo