This door adjacent to the Tower of the Winds in the Roman Agora is easily overlooked. The Madrasah Gate is all that remains of an Islamic theological school built in 1721. Later, the facility became a prison. Stories abound of exceptionally cruel treatment and frequent hangings from a plane tree in the courtyard. By 1915, the building was demolished by archeologists during excavation projects.